Sunday, December 6, 2009

Podcast Ping's Christmas Calendar Day 7

Day 7.



http://www.archive.org/download/PodcastPingsChristmasCalendarDay7/ppcc07.mp3

The first week ends. I think I'm going to be spending most of this week dealing with presents.

This is also when many shows go in to repeats or are pre-empted for specials. Although I usually don't find TV getting very dry until January, mostly because of the specials. And I'm always falling behind in my viewing, so it helps to have the time to catch up.

I've noticed a growing trend lately with many animated specials. There are more and more special related to animated movies, particularly CG movies. "Shrek the Halls" was probably the first, and now there's a "Madagascar" special. There was also a "Monsters Vs Aliens" Halloween special. I expect this trend to continue. In the old days we mostly were treated to Rankin Bass specials and Dr. Suess cartoons. And of course the Charlie Brown specials. And we really didn't care if we had seen them before.

Podcast Ping is licensed under Creative Commons, Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0.

My online toy shop can be found at http://patrickjmcnamara.webs.com.

Subscribe with iTunes
Subscribe with Zune

No comments: