Friday, October 30, 2009

Podcast Ping's 13 Days of Halloween-Day 13

The finale show of the series brings you something special, "Monster Beach Surf Party." I've been sitting on this for a while, although I have redone it a couple times to get it right. I created it early on after coming up with the idea for the series. And (for the time being) you'll only hear it here. I used a podsafe piece called "Phantom Surf Party by Get Three Coffins Ready" as the background music. I plan to play that piece in it's entirety on the New Years show along with the full version of the title music.



http://www.archive.org/download/PodcastPings13DaysOfHalloween-day13/13Days-Day13.mp3

Working on this series has given me a lot of ideas about how to approach the Christmas calendar. I don't know if I'll do it again next year; it depends on how things go and whether I can come up with enough original podsafe Halloween music. As it is I'm going to be reusing some music for Christmas that I used before, although at least half of it is new music (or at least music I haven't used before). And if I do it next year, it's most likely going to be a Blue Hot Gossip show, which would work considering I used a character from that show to host this one.

The amount of work for this series has given me some idea of how much work Christmas will be. One practice I got into was posting the night before and I'll probably continue with that. It happened that I had a few appointments these past two weeks so having to post in the mornings would make things more complicated.

And given international time zones, it makes it easier for those in other countries to get the material within reasonable time. For instance, there's up to a fifteen hour time difference between where I am (EST) and Australia. So 8am here is 1am the next day there. That means they could be getting the Halloween show on November 1st. This way they get the show at least by the afternoon. And of course it takes some time for the show to trickle down through podcatchers and such, so those subscribed through iTunes may not see it right away.

The next podcast for Podcast Ping will be the first Christmas calendar episode on December 1st. I would like to fit a Blue Hot Gossip episode in before then if I can, but I'll have to see how things go.

Podcast Ping is licensed under Creative Commons, Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0.

My online toy shop can be found at http://patrickjmcnamara.webs.com.

Subscribe with iTunes
Subscribe with Zune

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!